Sunday, January 30, 2011

Melting!

I stumbled across this awesome idea while I was googling for a snowman cupcake recipe :)
The original can be found at The Decorated Cookie and there are very detailed instructions on how to make these funny cookies :) My only problem is that because I live in Finland I can't usually get my hands on all the ingredients mentioned in the recipes I have to improvise a bit.


I had some gingerbread cookie dough in the freezer which I ended up using as the "base" for the snowman. For the frosting I used royal icing (which I made!) I got the recipe from Kinuskikissa. Unfortunately her blog is in Finnish but here is the recipe for the royal icing in English:


Royal Icing (Basic recipe)

1/4 dl egg white (approx. 0.11 cup)
1.5 dl powdered sugar (approx. 0.63 cup)
3 drops of lemon juice

1. Mix together the egg white and 1 dl (0.42 cup) of the powdered sugar in a medium sized bowl with a electric mixer for about 3 minutes.
2. Add the lemon juice and the rest of the powdered sugar and mix until nice and smooth 1-2 minutes.
3. If needed add some color (gel paste etc.)

For the head and the carrot I used white sugar paste and for the orange and black color I used the icing colors from Wilton. The little twig arms are made of chocolate.

Now the only problem is that no one has the heart to eat these little fellows :D

No comments:

Post a Comment