Saturday, January 22, 2011

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue ♥

The wedding was sooo nice ♥ Everything went well and most of all the two cuties got to say  ♥ I do ♥ 

As I was telling before I had a secret crafting mission for this special occasion ;) You know those little wedding favors (boxes, little organza bags etc.) which are filled with sweets...well I crocheted 150 of those. I must say it was quite a project and I think I'm not going to do it again any day soon ;) but it was well worth it! The wedding color themes came from snow, ice and the forest and I think the little crocheted favor bags looked like small snowballs.
Quite cute if you don't mind me saying ;) The satin ribbon was icy blue and the tiny crystal like bead made them perfect!

I also had the privilege to make "the bride and the groom" on top of the wedding cake. I knew that a beautiful pair of swans would be just the thing for this couple :) I bought a swan silicone mold and started experimenting..thank goodness I started it wayyy before the big day..

The swans are made of white gum paste (or sugar paste or candy clay...many names for a super versatile stuff!) and they are coated with pearl white edible spray. As soon as I get a pic of these on top of the wedding cake I will post it  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you soooooooooo much for making our day perfect :) I'm so happy you're my sister! Love you!

    ReplyDelete